[Sorta/Probably OT] Gmail "Terminal" theme

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 01:47:08 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:21 PM, eric <eric940 at gmail.com> wrote:
> For those Gmail users out there:
>
> Click "Settings" / "Themes" and choose the _Terminal_ theme.
>
> It gives you a (kind of) cool terminal looking theme within a web
> browser when logged in to you Gmail.

Hmm... interesting.

> I know: many purists out there use Pine, Elm, and the like... but
> there are a few that need to use browsers when reading email for
> whatever reason (myself included) on occasion.
>
> I just enjoy seeing the green font/black background scenario on my
> monitor whenever possible :-)

I'd say it looks more like a BBS to me than any sort of command-line
client, but then I put a lot of time in on real VT100s with white or
amber phosphor and substantially less time on terminals with green
phosphor.

It's cute, but I can see it getting annoying after not so much time.

I may have to pull this out to annoy _others_, though (I've lost track
of how many folks asked me why I was using "DOS" when I had multiple
term windows open on a Linux box).

-ethan