Sources for 8b TTL keyboards (Keytronics)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Dec 9 13:28:43 CST 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
>>> Sigh.  You'd think if they actually wanted to make the documentation
>>> _usable_, they'd make it plain text.  Apparently glitz wins out over
>>> usability once again.
>
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Alexandre Souza wrote:
>>     PDFs are _usable_ enough. Things change and progress. How
>> would you
>> include drawings on ASCII? Using ASCII ART?!?! Wake up, 2008 is
>> now! :oD
>
> on material that is ALL text?
> source code?
>
>>     ?!? I just load it and read...What else is needed? :oO
> searching

   Trivial with free and non-free tools, I do it all the time.

> extracting

   Also trivial with free and non-free tools, I do it all the time.

> not having to run multiple megabytes through a dial-up line to get
> a few
> pages of text

   I have about three thousand component datasheets in PDF format.
Most of them are a few dozen kilobytes.

> print in a different font

   Huh?  Ok, I must admit I have no idea how one would do that.  I
also have no idea of why someone would want to.

> being able to make changes without needing special Adobe software

   Trivial with free and non-free tools.  But why would you want to
make changes to a component datasheet?

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire