Bootstrappable language

Dave Dunfield dave06a at dunfield.com
Thu Dec 11 06:13:40 CST 2008

> This is still too tiny ... I am  looking for a semi -practical  language
> and all modern stuff is ment
> for 24+bit addressing.
> 1)  Structures and arrays must be definable. Only + - & | ^ and == <= >=
> != need to be alu operations.
> n *n n[i] n[i].foo need be variable types.
>
> 2) No symbols permited, only numeric labels.  _oooo or $oooo  where o is
> a  octal digit.
> This way a simple index look up can find a symbol value.

You don't need register to register operations to support a C compiler.

Can you provide any details of your architecture and instruction set?

It might be feasable to make a port of my Micro-C toolset to it... If
not, it might be feasable to make a port of "C-flea" a virtual machine
I designed specifically to support Micro-C (I've supported some pretty
weird architectures by employing C-flea).

Micro-C is a very small, but reasonably powerful dialect of C - For an
example, refer to the ImageDisk sources on my site ... ImageDisk and all
of it's utilities are compiled with the PC version of Micro-C (as are my
simulators, transfer tools and pretty much all of the other DOS based
tools I've posted).

Dave

Btw: If you haven't written an assembler yet, let me know - I've got a
universal table driven assembler generator which I developed to rapidly
produce assemblers for many of the later architectures I supported.

--
dave06a (at)    Dave Dunfield
                http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/index.html