Sources for 8b TTL keyboards (Keytronics)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Dec 11 14:39:34 CST 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 09:58:35 am Christian Corti wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Jules Richardson wrote:
> > Alexandre Souza wrote:
> >>    With PS/2-to-usb converters avaiable for $3? Why???
> >
> > Hmm, all the ones I've been finding are in the $20 range, modulo a couple
> > which are much cheaper but which claim to be for specific keyboard
> > vendors (I'd assume they rely on specific OS/vendor drivers, rather than
> > adhering to some kind of "USB keyboard standard")
>
> ?!?
> My PS/2-to-USB converter did cost 2.23 EUR and has two cables at the end,
> one for the PS/2 keyboard and one for the PS/2 mouse. And yes, it works
> perfectly well with an IBM 1391403 kbd.
>
> Christian
>
> PS:
> And the converter has become cheaper, it now costs 1,10 EUR incl. VAT.

I too had to get one of those recently,  having switched laptops -- 2x the
RAM,  2x the speed,  and 3+ times the HD space.  No drivers involved
anywhere,  just plugged it in and it works.  The other one had a single PS2
port,  this one doesn't have any but does have two USB ports.

And it cost me less than $5.

-
M Dakin