The first video game

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 11:26:13 CST 2008

On 13/12/2008 15:14, "Liam Proven" <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> I never knew there was a coin-op Spacewar!
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/13/tob_computer_space/print.html

Yep, it was Nolan Bushnell's first foray into video games but didn't get too
much money because it was too complicated for the 'average' user. From my
own Atari page:

" Whilst working at Ampex (creators of the first practical video recorder no
less), Nolan Bushnell had already created an arcade video game based on
Spacewar, which was a game written by Steve Russell in 1961 for the PDP-1
from Digital Equipment. Nolan's version was called Computer Space and it was
being distributed by Nutting Associates. However, it wasn't as popular as
he'd have liked (he said you had to read the instructions, and people didn't
have the patience!)"

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator