68k homebuilts

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 17:20:29 CST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Jules Richardson
<jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tony Duell wrote:
>> (if you can get a 68008, are they easy to get now?)
>
> Were they ever? I've got two 68008 ICs (one in the Cumana copro for a BBC
> micro, and one in a STE-bus board) and those are the only two I've ever come
> across. Compare that to a healthy pile of Z80 and 68000 (and '010 etc.)
> processors...
>
> I'm not sure they ever really saw much widespread use (actually, what
> commercial machines used them other than the Sinclair QL?)

After doing some looking I thought I'd go with 68020 if I were to do
32-bit, or 68000 for 16-bit. I may take Tony's excellent advice and
try something even simpler first, if I can get my hands on the Art of
Electronics books... they're on Amazon, I'll probably just have to
buckle down and shell out the money.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn