Sources for 8b TTL keyboards (Keytronics)

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Dec 9 09:50:55 CST 2008

>> Sigh.  You'd think if they actually wanted to make the documentation
>> _usable_, they'd make it plain text.  Apparently glitz wins out over
>> usability once again.
> I don't see any way of making a usable plain-text manual.  How would
> you get the diagrams to work?  Little ASCII-art squiggles?

What diagrams?

I haven't, obviously, seen the atmega* manuals.  But the Freescale chip
I did end up with I've seen the doc file for, and I don't think there's
anything there that would be difficult to do in plain text, with the
possible exception of a few schematics.  Those, I see three options
for: (1) use ascii-art (I've done schematics that way often enough);
(2) accompanying image files; (3) describe in text instead of drawing
schematics (none of them are at all complicated).

I certainly would prefer text-file doc with any of those options to a
PDF.

> This is actually what PDF is *designed* for.

So?  Just because X was designed to do Y does not, per se, mean X is
the best, or even a particularly good, way to do Y.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org