PDF (Was: something irrelevant given the thread's migration)

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Wed Dec 10 21:33:04 CST 2008

>Subject: Re: PDF (Was: something irrelevant given the thread's migration)
>   From: "bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca" <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca>
>   Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:31:11 -0700
>     To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>Jim Brain wrote:
>>
>> Can't go with the "TXT FOREVAR" folks, though.
>SIX BIT ASCII IS STILL FINE --- LOOK AT ALL THE
>RARE L@@K ADS ON EBAY!
>> And to your other point, to be consistent, I must concur.  It's a
>> hobby, and anything goes.  I was only asking that a disclaimer be
>> applied, since the difference between "I code this up on my own
>> because it's a hobby and I think it's fun" and "I don't trust
>> pre-written apps and you should not either.  Write them yourself all
>> times" is sometimes hard to distinguish.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>Any good leads as am still looking for a small boot strapable langauge
>here.  Tiny C will not work
>as my instruction set does NOT have register to register operations. I
>plan to have a wopping
>48Kb system as that was BIG memory 1975 ish.

I'd suggest Tiny Basic as a starting point.  If you need less than that
how about a machine level monitor like ODT?  Generally that's where I've
started for any machine, some form of keyboard monitor.  It's also a
starting point for IO that can be used by more sophisticated software
or a language.

Allison