Buy versus Build (Was: Re: PDF (Was: something irrelevant given the thread's migration))

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Dec 12 11:44:49 CST 2008

>> That's one reason I insist on being able to support everything I
>> depend on myself (meaning that I have schematics, source code, etc).

> Admirable, but unrealistic, in my opinion.

Unrealistic?  Tony's lived that way for...I don't know, but at least as
long as I've been on the list.

Take off your "it has to work for all environments, or at least my
environment" blinkers for a minute.  Your stance is at least as
unrealistic for Tony's environment as his is for yours.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org