Bootstrappable language

bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Sun Dec 14 11:33:44 CST 2008

Allison wrote:
> Have you lookd at DG Nova?  Sounds like your traversing that same path.

Yes and NO!
> A table driven assembler can produce anything.

99% of the code I have seen assumes 8 bit bytes.
I have decided to a 20 bit cpu ... 10 bit bytes.  So far every thing
seems to fit in the CPLD's I can get, but it is not done until
I get all the bugs checking done, as right now it is more hacking
as I go with the logic.

Try Idea,  it fits , fix new bug, it don't fit, start over again.
> The IDE can be 9 bits as the upper 8 (or less) bits are only used for data and a
> non required ops.  I've done that for 8bits to simplify the interface and the
> only cost is 50% of the data space was not used, a minor nit as I had 500%
> more than needed.

I plan to do it that way ... Just I/O lines on the CPLD's are very limited.