8008 chips

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 17:02:27 CST 2008

> It might be the first microprocessor, (i4004 is just a controller...),
> but what really made the microcomputer possible is the DRAM. Why dont
> people collect i1103's ?

Well, I would, if I could find plenty of them at a sensible price. Of
course I 'collect' them to use them, I'd fill up the second memory PCB in
my 9830 with the 32 chips it doesn't have (2K words more of memory), and
add the control locig. Maybe also make a memory ezpnasion PCB for the
9820 (it's indentical to the stnaard memory PCB, and contains just 16
1103s and some decoupling caps IIRC).