Canon Cat was: 68k homebuilts

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 12:36:28 CST 2008

--- On Sun, 12/14/08, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>   That machine sounds like a great deal of fun.  It's a
> shame there aren't more of them out there.

 There would be if some reverse engineered the asics. Or developed a generic Canon Cat board. Maybe those roms (or the forth portion anyway) would work in any 68k system.
 My IBM System 23/Datamaster has a built in FORTH interpreter. Haven't had time to experiment. Anyone have experience w/that?
 What benefits does having FORTH in rom have over BASIC? Or a ml monitor?