PDP-8 on FPGA project & where is Hans Pufal?

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Thu Dec 18 04:12:36 CST 2008

Hi Henk,

> Hi Philipp, it's not up to me, but I guess Vince will be interested (me too)!
> Vince (and I just on the side) are working on this, see my webpage at
> www.pdp-11.nl . In the folder "my projects" is a link to "full-size pdp8i".
> Direct link:
> www.pdp-11.nl/homebrew/fullsize-pdp8/fullsize-pdp8-startpage.html
That's where I just came from when writing the first message.
On the second page there's mentioned a pdp-8 core from Hans Pufal. Who
is that? Is he still active?

If the PDP-8/I thing has already been built with an FPGA, it won't be a
problem to try out other cores... That's one of the reasons to use an
FPGA :-)

What's the current state of pdp-8 implementations on FPGA?

Best wishes,
Philipp :-)

--
http://www.hachti.de