8008 chips

Andrew Burton aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 20:17:52 CST 2008

Awesome pictures. It's seriously impressive how these chips must be made and designed.

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk

--- On Tue, 16/12/08, William Blair <wbblair3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

They are relatively rare, but they aren't even close to being _THAT_ rare.
I'm talking about his asking price. I bought one three years ago from a
fellow collector of CPU chips for _$20_ that had some markings worn off and was
scratched.  I opened it up to photograph the die (a hobby of mine):

http://diephotos.blogspot.com/

I've haven't even seen rare versions of white ceramic 4004 ICs in
perfect condition go for anything close to his asking price.  I've seen a
complete, mint condition MCS-4 (4004) chip _SET_ go for something close to $1K.