OT: HTML queries (was Re: PDF datasheets)

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Dec 25 01:27:43 CST 2008

> > I use a very modern HTML editor. It is called vi.
>
> Mine's more modern... I use vim.  ;-)
>
> Seriously, though, not counting code-generated HTML (usually written
> in Perl, but there are a few exceptions to that), I think 90% of  my
> HTML has been written with some flavor of vi.  The remaining 10% would
> have been done in emacs.  I have more than a few HTML docs that are
> 13-14 years old.

Yup, I'm pretty sure I have some dating back nearly that far.

Hand-coding isn't just a good idea for learning HTML, it really causes people
to make leaner documents. People forget that HTML is, as its acronym implies,
a markup language. When people use a page designer, they tend to forget that.

-- Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. -- Napoleon Bonaparte ---------