OT: HTML queries (was Re: PDF datasheets)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Dec 25 14:01:32 CST 2008

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
> Now that's nonsense. There are plenty of people for whom "HTML editor"
> translates to vim, emacs or another TEXT_EDITOR_OF_CHOICE. Writing HTML
> markup by hand is very easy and usually results in more readable (and
> less crap-littered) markup as well.
>
> > just as "nobody" writes Postscript.
> In that case, there are also quite a few nobodies around ...

Thank you.
I wasn't sure for a while if ANYBODY understood my gripe and sarcasm.

I have used an HTML generator only long enough to look at the HTML it put
out.  Everything that I put on the web is handwritten YAFIYGI HTML.  My
[cob]websites may be crude, but they work reliably and quickly, and occupy
KB, not MB, space.

I've written some minor stuff in Postscript, but have also used the
Postscript output of Ventura as a means to communicate with some printing
equipment.   I was always tempted to write my own output routines for the
Ventura WYSIWYG editor.  It's handy for visualization for an amateur like
me, but I still prefer YAFIYGI.

My comments were directed at the probably realistic, but very
disheartening premise that the innards of HTML and Postscript were
"off-limits".

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com