OT: HTML queries (was Re: PDF datasheets)

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.de
Sat Dec 27 18:37:15 CST 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 05:03:59PM -0500, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Patrick Finnegan
>
> > I've used ASP.  I really hate VBscript.  I'd rather write CGI programs
> > in C (which I've done before), which alone isn't much fun.
>
> I've done CGI in C.  It wasn't so bad, but I do recall that debugging
> wasn't as easy as the Perl CGI scripts I've done.

Oh yes, debugging CGIs written in C is not much fun. Especially if you
are developing on Linux/x86 and your deployment is on Solaris/SPARC. You
get to find quite a bunch of little differences ... the hard way,
usually ;-)

Regards,
      Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison