uIEC/SD == AWESOME!

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Mon Dec 29 16:39:13 CST 2008

Tony Duell wrote:

> I was secretly hoping for much the same thing. I have several HP machines
> that use Amigo or SS/80 disks. I'd probably buy one if it wasn't _too_
> expensive 9read : I can't afford the prices charged for such things to
> people who depened on such machines for their work).

Well, uIEC tries to hit the $50-$100 price range, so it's not terribly
expensive, but provides enough profit to pay for my tools I needed to
buy to create it and add functionality to it.
> How 'open' is the uIEC? The more open something like this is, the more
> likely I am to get it (of course!).

The plans, source, PCB, etc. are all under GPL v2.  However, for the ASM
lovers and the C haters of the list, I will note that almost the entire
firmware is in 'C'.

Jim