turned-pin headers

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 13:22:36 CST 2008

> I remember when they introduced the Correct-A-Chip--intended for
> applicationwhen your PCB layout guy was suffering the morning after
> the night before and reversed the pins on an IC.

This reminds me of the possibly apocryphal story of the (expensive)
custom chip in a digital meter that turned out to be nothing more than a
7106 (or maybe a 7107) left-right reveresed. Apparently the designer
laied the PCB out wrongly..

(Of course once this was realised there were all sorts of 'creative'
solutions to save the cost of the right chip. Bending the pins of a 7106
right over, soldering one eupside-down to a header, or even mounting a
DIL socket on the solder side of the instrument PCB...)