How compatible were "MS-DOS Compatible" machines?

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Feb 5 02:15:52 CST 2008

On Sunday 03 February 2008 13:52, Chris M wrote:
> I want Wang cards like that. Don't have a Wang, but I
> still want the card...
>
> --- "Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 January 2008 14:54,
> > scheefj at netscape.net wrote:
> > > When I first became interested in collecting (late 80's) my first target
> > > was "DOS Incompatibles" like those named above. I had a Wang PC (great
> > > text but little IBM compatibility), Zenith, etc.
> >
> > I used to work with a dealer that sold those,  and I recall a board that
> > you could add to them to make them somewhat more compatible,  though I
> > don't remember now what was on it.

Why,  if you don't have that system?  It was pretty oddball,  for sure.  The
one thing I do recall about that card was that you plugged your monitor into
it rather than into the usual place.  But that monitor was totally
non-standard,  too -- it used a couple of different DIN connectors one of
which was for supplying power to the monitor,  which had no AC cord.

-
M Dakin