Looking for TK50 tapes & RX50 disks...

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Feb 5 09:51:31 CST 2008

At 3:34 PM +0000 2/5/08, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>On 05/02/2008 15:08, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>Good question, sounds like you either have an RX33 or someone has
>>hacked a Teac of the correct model to work as an RX33.
>
>Indeed.  And those are considerably more reliable than RX50s are.

True, but they lack a certain "style".  Call me crazy, but I rate the
RX50 up there with something like my SGI O2 when it comes to "style".
Granted all that style comes at a price, and in the case of an RX50,
that is a less reliable piece of hardware, but since I don't normally
use the floppy drive on my PDP-11 anyway... :^)

Besides I don't have a real RX33 or the hardware to put it in place.
If I did, I'd probably have it installed in my "souped up" /73.

Zane