$3000 ASR33?????

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Feb 8 12:22:28 CST 2008

> Good grief!
>
> ebay auction:
> 190195405164

I bought my first Model 33 ASR at the tender age of 14. It was the main console I/O peripheral as well as a mass storage drive :-).

At the time, my net income was probably $10-$20-$30 a week. It depended on how many lawns I could mow a week :-).

I paid $150 for it.

So that was probably a month or two income for me.

Today a month or two of income is way more than $3000. Not to brag or anything! And obviously not all of it is disposable income like when I was a kid. Could I somehow scrounge together $3000 as disposable income in a month or two? Probably, it'd be hard to justify it to my wife :-).

So honestly in terms of "Tim Constant Dollars" I don't see a huge discrepancy here.

Tim.