my old machines in France (Intertechnique Multi 4, and earlier Multi 8)

jim s jwstephens at msm.umr.edu
Sun Feb 10 23:38:09 CST 2008

Chuck Guzis wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:33:13 +0100
>> From: "nierveze"
>>

> Very nice find, Alain!  Do you have any information about the
> instruction set for this machine?
>
> Cheers,
> Chuck

Both the Multi 8 and the Multi 6 Alain found were licensed designs of
Microdata systems.  The Multi 4 that he has excellent photos of is a
1600, which is documented on bitsavers.org under Microdata and 1600.

I believe, but do not have proof yet of that the Multi 8 was an 800.  I
am researching that thru some of the original Microdata people who were
there when the deals were done.

There is a good bit of the history being documented on this page:

http://www.microdata-alumni.org/historical.htm

Jim