tape drives

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Mon Feb 11 14:51:13 CST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 08:14, John Foust wrote:
> At 02:26 AM 2/11/2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> >I've been contacted by a guy who has some stuff to get rid of,  he'd
> > rather see it put to good use than end up in a landfill.
>
> Any idea what they might be?

No,  I don't have much more specific info than what was posted.

> They look like they've been kicked around in a warehouse for a decade or
> two.

This guy said he was cleaning out his shed.  And that there's another one.  I
noticed the one drive appeared to have tape loaded on it,  too.

> And exactly where?  Northern Wisconsin  is a big, cold place.

I don't have much in the way of details at this point.  There were a whole lot
of other parts,  capacitors and some enclosures and I'm looking forward to
getting more info from him sometime soon,  particularly when he gets into his
other shed.

-
M Dakin