My DEC Collection and wish list

Rod Smallwood RodSmallwood at mail.ediconsulting.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 07:19:10 CST 2008

Its a while since my last update so here's my current collection.

RAINBOW
        Rainbow
        Fully working on CP/M and DOS but the VR201 has the mould spot
problem.
        Doin' a bit of work here. The tube has a glass faceplate held on
by a thick (1/8")
        layer of silicone clear adhesive. That's where the spots are.
        Anybody know of a solvent for this stuff?

PDP8

            DECMate III - Boots but I have no software for it.

PDP-11

        11/94 x 2 but CPU boards missing and too expensive to buy.
                    I have a vague idea about DEC emulator running on a
PC board  with a PCI to QBUS bridge. (ie Fake it!!)

        PRO350    Runs POS ok

        PRO380    This weekends project.

VAX

    VAX Station 3100 - Runs DEC windows but I need to reset the system
password

    4000 M200     Running VMS 7.3 but Ethernet I/F not working

    4000 M300     Was Running VMS 7.3 but will not fully boot (A VMS
reload I think!)

    4000 M500  Top Door ,CPU board, Drives and Console section front
panel missing.

VT's

    VT240
    VT320