Preserving contents of QIC-150 from (probably) RSX11.

Edward Tomasz Napierala trasz at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 17 14:11:05 CST 2008

I've got a QIC-150 tape (3M DC6150) with some backup on it, probably
from RSX11.  Table of contents (paper one) reads:

RSXCTDQ0
RSXCTDQ1
RSXSMDM0
CTDQKIT2
ALISAKIT2
ALISASM

I have no idea what it is, I have no experience with RSX11 and I need
that tape (physical medium) for other purpose.  What's the best way
to preserve the contents, preferably using FreeBSD?  Is repeated
'dd if=/dev/nsa0 of=output_file1', 'dd if=/dev/nsa0 of=output_file2'
until end-of-media enough?

Drive is Wangtek 5150ES.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?