VAX wish list.

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Fri Feb 22 09:43:28 CST 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 10:18, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Rod Smallwood wrote:
> >             5.    A KZQSA SCSI controller.
>
> If you don't mind my asking, what do you want with that controller?
> AFAIK, it can't talk to disk, only tape.

Huh?

The KZQSA was the controller that generally was used to attach a SCSI
CDROM to a later model QBUS MicroVAX or VAX 4000.  I seem to remember
posts on here indicating that you could also use it for a single SCSI
disk, and it mostly worked, as long as it didn't have >1 device on it.

Other than that, IIRC, it's VMS-only.

Pat