SGI A/V module question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Feb 29 14:51:04 CST 2008

> Zane H. Healy wrote:
> > awesome.  It is a shame SGI killed the MIPS systems and IRIX.  I'd love to
> > own something like the SGI Tezro workstation, but can't see spending any
> > more on the platform.  I don't even remember the last time I powered one of
> > the systems up. :^(
>
> I have a Tezro, which I bought because people in industry are thinking
> exactly the same as you, so they're going cheap.  I can vouch for the
> fact that they are startlingly fast.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

These days if I don't have a good use for it, I don't buy it.  Basically the
only non-PC/Mac hardware I've purchased in the last 4-5 years has been 2
Compaq XP1000's (for running OpenVMS), and a 3rd party Commodore 64
repairable powersupply.  There are a couple Commodore 64 and Apple ][ items
that given the chance I'd get, same with select OpenVMS and PDP-11 stuff.
Other than that, I'm pretty much out of the collecting game.  I don't have
the time to play with the stuff I have, so why get more.

Zane