VAXstation/MicroVAX 2000 CPU/FPU overheating?

Mark Tapley mtapley at swri.edu
Fri Feb 29 15:25:40 CST 2008

At 9:26 -0600 2/29/08, Dave wrote:
>Yes, I'm wondering if it's something like that, however how likely is it
>that both devices would experience the same fairly-uncommon failure mode
>at the same time?

I'm chiming in very late and probably not very helpfully, but is
there any way a decoupling cap in the vicinity of the FPU/CPU could
either load them or generate heat itself by beginning to short to
ground? My only VAX (4000VLC) had a fault like that in the reset
circuit which would sometimes hold it in reset, as you may remember
from a couple of years ago.
--
						- Mark, 210-379-4635
Large Asteroids headed toward planets

				Think of it as Evolution in Fast-Forward.