1541 DriveMirror (was Re: Wanted: ultra-rare Commodore 64 stuff)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 17:33:47 CST 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 15:24, Jim Brain wrote:
> Ethan Dicks wrote:
> > Any idea how it mounted?  Did you install flea clips?  Solder on wires?
> > Plug into the CPU socket?
>
> I think plugging into the CPU socket (and possibly the 6522 socket would
> be the norm.  ProfessionalDOS (a parallel speeder I own) does the same
> thing.

Assuming that stuff was even socketed,  of course,  as there was _no_
consistency with regard to that in all the c= stuff I worked on.  And we sold
a lot of sockets to people,  that got put in as a part of the troubleshooting
process.

The one speedup I installed was a replacement ROM,  that went in by way of an
adapter (more pins).

-
M Dakin