S/360 update

Lawrence Wilkinson ljw-cctech at ljw.me.uk
Tue Jan 8 15:35:07 CST 2008

I've just had a email from Bob Doran, who was one of my CompSci
professors at Auckland University.

It seems that they (AU Comp Sci) have the front panel from my 360 which
they salvaged many years ago, and which is now becoming part of a lobby
display.

So at least now I know something about what happened to it, but I
suspect that the rest of the system was scrapped.

One part he's after for the panel is the centre Display Store Selection
rotary switch dials (there are two parts to the rotary switch), so if
anyone happens to know where there's a spare one, I'm sure he'd be
grateful!
(See the top picture at http://www.corestore.org/360.htm , thanks Mike!)
Lawrence Wilkinson                                 lawrence at ljw.me.uk
The IBM 360/30 page                       http://www.ljw.me.uk/ibm360