Keybard repair help. Older terminals

Joshua Alexander Dersch derschjo at msu.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:22:50 CST 2008

Tony Duell writes:

>> Yes that is what I'm finding . The donors have more value than the
>> pieces I'm working on.
>>

> I suspect the most common machine to have that keyboard is either the
> TI99/4a or the HP85. I wouldn't suggest raiding either one for keyboard
> parts...

Is the TI-99/4A so uncommon?  At least here in the states, you can't hardly
throw a rock without hitting one.  Ok, maybe not that common... but my
understanding is that TI basically flooded the market with these things in
an attempt to win out against Commodore and Atari in the home computer
market in the 80s...

(Not that I love the idea of destroying any working "classic" computer for
parts, it's just that if you're going to, you might as well make sure it's
nothing anyone's going to miss...)

 - Josh