VLSI of classic architectures (was Re: 11/70 board set on

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 17:33:35 CST 2008

> At 05:33 PM 1/17/2008, Richard wrote:
>
> >In article <m1JFcrT-000J3QC at p850ug1>,
> >    ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell)  writes:
> >
> >> A Google search for 'Philips P850' (no quotes) finds a few relevant
> >> pages, including a picture of me demonstrating said machine.
> >
> >In true computer geek style, the *computer* is in focus, but Tony is
> >not :-).
>
> Wow, Tony is far younger

Rememebr that photo was taken about 8 years ago...

> and more stylin' than I imagined.

Thats the first time I've ever been called that...

> A 'Life' sweater, no doubt autographed on the tag by Conway!

YEs. It's actually the classic Gosper Glider Gun, of course.

And no it's not autograpped by Prof Conway, and for that matter there's
no label for it to be autograhed on. The only bit of classic-computer
related stuff I have that is autograpphed is the book 'Automatic Digital
Computers', mine is autogrpahed by Professor Wilkes.