Proper spacebar repair on XT 83-key?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 13:45:16 CST 2008

> I guess :-(  I took one of the buckling spring mechanisms and "manually"
> struck keys with it, and also ran it lightly across the board.  Most of
> the keys worked except the ones I am having trouble with.

Have you removed the PCB from the baseplate to look for possible damage
to the PSB or to the mylar insulator under it?. Is it possible there are
broken traces on the PCB?

Unfortunately, the scheamtic in the IBM Techref doesn''t include a
diagram of the key matrix. Which means it's not possible to see if the
keys you ar ehaving trouble with are in the same row or column (is it
just 2 keys?)