2716 with 100 nS access time ?

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:53:08 CST 2008

> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:11:26 +0100
> From: jos.mar at bluewin.ch
> Subject: 2716 with 100 nS access time ?
>
> I need a programmable device, with the standard 24 pin layout, with 100nS acces time.
> 2716's are 350ns to 450ns, 2816's are 150nS match.
> What other options do I have ?
>
> ( Target : replace some bipolar microcode proms So I can experiment a bit)
>
> Jos

Can't you replace the EPROM with a fast access RAM with a small battery?
I seem to remember that 2kbyte RAM chips, pin compatible were available
in the 100 ns range. Not sure 6116's were that fast, but perhaps the larger
types 8 kbytes were that fast.  I know, they have 4 more pins, but that
can be solved with a small kludged socket.
With 2 pull-up resistors and 2 DIPswitches you can put 4 experiments in
one 8 kbyte chip :-)  BTW, weren't 27256's and 27512's in the 100 ns range?

- Henk.