Ladder-shaped belt

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Sun Jan 27 05:08:45 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 22:13 +0000, Tony Duell wrote:

> The drive belt fro an HP9871 (daiswheel printer, the belt is about 2m
> long and looks like a ladder. I am told none have survived. This is one
> printer I would love to find, just to see if I can work out some alternative)

I'm guessing that the rungs of the ladder go between teeth on the
pulleys, and the rails of the ladder keep the belt in place?  In which
case, I'd get the closest matching toothed belt I could find and fit
little metal end cheeks on the pulleys to stop it sliding sideways.  If
you were tight for space, you could probably get away with only one
pulley.

Gordon