I finally finished my Obtronix Apple 1 reproduction!

Scott Austin us21090 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 01:07:42 CDT 2008

All,

I finally finished my Obtronix Apple 1 reproduction!

Actually,
building the Apple 1 didn't take much time at all!  It was the custom
work on the mounting board, the curved and angled plastic leg brackets,
and, and ...

I uploaded photos of it to
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/album.php?u=6611

I also have a request:

My
Obtronix Apple 1 reproduction had a bad Signetics 2504v.  I don't think
it was DOA (I believe it just "developed" the problem recently).

The Signetics 2504v is a 1024-bit dynamic shift register, 8-pin dip. It's used here to as part of the display control. The problem I saw was odd numbers (1,3,5,7,9,A,C,E) in every other screen column were displayed as the preceding ASCII character (0,2,4,6,8,@,B,D). Data from the keyboard was stored correctly in main RAM. The video memory problem just displayed it incorrectly.

Anyway,
does anyone have a source of a Signetics 2504v?  Or possibly, is there
other more readably available junk-hardware-for-parts that I could pull a 2504v?

Thanks!
Scott Austin