Apple I BASIC dump

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jul 16 16:24:37 CDT 2008

On 16 Jul 2008 at 16:56, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Except I wasn't kidding.  I had an IBM mainframe with only SNA
> capabilities, and a Honeywell-Bull machine with no network interfaces at
> all.  I used the lineprinter on the Bull to print, drum-scanned it into
> an IBM PS/2, then used a Microchannel 3270 emulation card as the main
> console of the IBM mainframe to transfer the file to the mainframe.
> Took a while, but worked just fine.

Has anyone used a camera and software to transfer data from a
system's CRT display?  I've come close to doing that once or twice,
but never actually tried it.  I found that I could get pretty fine
program control on a status LED and taped a phototransistor over it
and sent the data as a serial stream.  It worked better than I'd
thought it would.

Cheers,
Chuck