Osborne Computer 4 (Vixen) prototype?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jul 16 22:45:25 CDT 2008

On 16 Jul 2008 at 19:18, Bob Armstrong wrote:

>   No, it's a very dark chocolate (I guess most people would just say
> "black").  Judging from the photos I've seen, I'd guess that my whole case
> is about the color of the end panels on a "production" Vixen.  And it's not
> structural foam or acrylic or painted as far as I can tell.
>
>   I took a few photos -
>
> 	http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/Vixen1.jpg
> 	http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/Vixen2.jpg
> 	http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/Vixen3.jpg
> 	http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/Vixen4.jpg
>
>   Notice the horizontal floppy drives...

It looks like a Vixen case, just black-ish, but same off-white
handle.  The motherboard looks to have the same connector positions
as the Vixen.  But that little monitor!  What could the people at OCC
been thinking?  One would have thought that they would have learned
their lesson on that one.

Wonder if yours is a "concept" system, trotted out for the marketing
people.  Or maybe a way to get rid of a warehouse full of 5" O1
monitor assemblies?

Cheers,
Chuck