Fwd: [FG] WarGames: A Look Back at the Film That Turned Geeks and Phreaks Into Stars

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Thu Jul 24 15:40:17 CDT 2008

> I find this comment in the comments area interesting as well:
>
> "Punked by WIRED! We provided the original "WarGames IMSAI" and related
> props
> with promise of proper credits and reimbursement for expenses. Neither has
> happened. Sleaziness and manipulation at its higher level.
>
> Credits for providing the equipment considered "so vital" for this article
> should have been given to Thomas "Todd" Fischer and imsai dot net, as well
> as
> Sellam Ismail at vintage dot org (for loan of the IMSAI Dual Disk Drives).
>
> Conde Nast at its nastiness!"

Conversely, the people at Esquire (Hearst) treated us in MARCH quite well.
 They were a pleasure to work with, including their subcontractors, and
everything was handled with professionalism, from the contract to the
schlepping to getting us our paycheck.  We had a fine-print credit in the
physical magazine, and a big red hyperlink here:
http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion-story/suits-0708 ... so we're happy
campers.  (I asked if I could write a sidebar noting the Esquire link to
Crunch, etc., but they declined.  Oh well.)