early desktop TCP/IP implementations (was Re: "first" computer on the internet)

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:44:23 CDT 2008

PCP-IP?

There was the comercial version, and then some guys at The Austin Code Works advertised in Dr. Dobbs, started selling disks to those of us without access to the internet archives.

I bought all kinds of cool stuff from them, there moto was 'source code, of course'

PCP-IP was the tcpip stack from Carnegie Mellon, it compiled just fine with MSC and TurboC, and drivers for Novell ethernet boards.  this was '86-87

Randy