Cool IBM System/34 -- was: Cool 1983 IBM System/36 system needs a home!

Julian Wolfe julian at twinax.org
Thu Jul 31 19:04:42 CDT 2008

I'd take something like this, if it wasn't so damn heavy and massive.
It's the predecessor to the AS/400 if you didn't know that.  Expect to
find nothing for it other than what's included with the machine.
Compilers will be RPG-III, and *maybe* COBOL if you are lucky.

It's a cute machine, but IMO not worth the time and aggrivation it
entails, especially if you have no idea how to operate it.  I think it's
also three-phase, if I'm not mistaken.