Semi-OT? HP 1630G Logic Analyser (grabbers, invasm packs & disk drives)

JP Hindin jplist2007 at kiwigeek.com
Tue Jun 3 16:29:20 CDT 2008

Hey folks;

So I'm busy reading the manual to my brand-new-offa-eBay 1630G and, page
by page, I'm more and more impressed. I've never owned one before and it
just seems like pure magic. I've got it hooked up to a huffy Vector
Graphic in my basement (which diagnosed a bad Z80 in a matter of seconds
on my test try!) and boy is it useful.

First business - does anyone have swaths of the double-grip HP probe
grabbers they might be willing to part with for a reasonable sum? Just
askin' :)

I'm reading the section on the 'inverse assembler', which really is
remarkable (like I said, I'm new to this) to have it disassemble various
CPU instruction sets. What I do not have, though, is either the
appropriate disk drive set (HP 9121S or 9121D, according to the manual)
nor any of the invasm packs.

I don't suppose there's anyone out there who may be willing to also part
with either of the above, again, for reasonable recompense? With the
Vector I'm interested in Z80 invasms - but, frankly, the options seem
endless given the smattering of 8-bit processors I have covering my
shelves in need of attention.

There's a 9121D on eBay (6 days out) for $60 w/shipping, which is...
do-able but seems a shade hefty. Maybe they're getting harder to find
these days, I don't know. As for the invasm packs, for all I know they're
complete unobtanium - but I figured I'd go to the repository for such
knowledge and see what people thought.

Many, many thanks to all.
 - JP