Good Composite->VGA converters for classic computers (& video

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at
Thu Jun 5 17:23:57 CDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Tony Duell wrote:

> However, other messages make be think that the input to the coverter is
> actually analogue RGB at TV rates. The sort of thing you get out of a
> (UK) DVD player, for example. In which case I can see the need for an
> interface to conenct it to a 4-bit RGBI connector (at the same scan
> rates).

That's essentially what I believe my converter expects for input.  It has 
some lattitude for "funny" timing as well.

> But I wouldn't call an analouge RGB inteface 'CGA'.

I agree, it's a misnomer, but that's what Wei-Ya calls the unit I have.



More information about the cctalk mailing list