(E)PROM, PAL, GAL, CPLD, etc. programming

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 15:59:22 CDT 2008

 I love to insert my worthless 2 cents. Do a search on
Amazon for "eprom experimenter's". The first on the
list is a book I myself own. It describes the
construction of some extremely rudimentary burners
(dubbed the "bit banger", and I think the "bit banger
Mark II" and such). I'm not sure how big an eprom you
can burn with any of those it describes, but it's
probably worth a look @ 1.65$.
 The next book on the list seems interesting, though I
have no experience with it. It showed up on the list,
so I would assume there's an eprom programmer therein,
but you should check before purchasing it.
 I should think this group could come up with an
official project to fulfill the needs of the numerous
passer-bys...