time to part with my PDP-11 system

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at usap.gov
Mon Jun 16 20:52:09 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 03:26:15PM -0400, M H Stein wrote:
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 03:54:51 +0000
> From: Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at usap.gov>
> Subject: Re: time to part with my PDP-11 system
>
> <snip>
> >...Eventually, I'll do another camping trip to Hamilton...
> <snip>
> -ethan
> ---
>
> I'm in Hamilton every week or so, and I have to ask: why?
> ;-)

The serious answer is because I have friends who live in an arc
between St. Catherines and the west edge of Toronto, and every
June since the early 80s, they've done a largish camping event
somewhere in the Hamilton area (Knight's Dunmark Park is where
it was 20 years ago, but that was turned into a golf course).

While these friends aren't into classic computers at all, it
does give me incentive to spend the gas to drive 7-8 hours
from central Ohio, and puts me in that area for quick little
side trips (like to Jerome's house) every few years.

-ethan

--
Ethan Dicks, A-333-S     Current South Pole Weather at 17-Jun-2008 at 01:40 Z
South Pole Station

Ethan.Dicks at usap.gov            http://penguincentral.com/penguincentral.html