Earl(y|iest) recording of computer music

Austin Pass austin at ozpass.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 02:16:32 CDT 2008

On 20 Jun 2008, at 05:07, Rick Bensene wrote:

> If anyone out there for sure knows how this particular music was
> created
> on the Ferranti Mark I, it'd be great to find out.

My uncle Michael is the curator at the Manchester Museum of Science
and Industry responsible for programming the replica baby.

He wrote a nice little program that displays a sailing ship moving
through "memory" (cathode ray tube, remember) from right to left.

I'll ask him how the music was made and report back.

-Austin.