Apple Lisa 1 - restoration project

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 20:35:05 CDT 2008

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:55:56 -0500
> Jules Richardson <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That possibly depends where you are - US folks seem to think of
> > household vinegar as being the white stuff, whereas in the UK malt
> > vinegar is typical. I believe it's the white stuff that should be
> > used; too many impurities in the other...
> What about citric acid? Doesn't smell and it should be fairly free of

That's what I sue too. I am told it's used in homebrewing (beer, etc),
but a solution of it is great for cleaning up NiCd corrosion.

Incidentally, I found some acetic acid (fairly concentrated too), in the
'Kosher' section of the local supermarket. I have no idea what the
intended application of it is, but it's quite useful for cleaning up NiCd
corrosion too.

> impurities. Every drug store etc. should sell it. (I use citric acid in
> the dark room because it doesn't smell.)

As a stop bath?