MicroPdp-11 RQDX1 boot problem

Julian Skidmore julianskidmore at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 10:20:19 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I refitted the power supply and put the pdp-11 back
together. However when I try to boot the pdp-11 from
the hard drive it throws up an error 20 on the
console, which says there's a controller error.

I can't see what the problem is, though something's
not quite right. The RQDX1's diagnostics pass on
startup - it shows a sequence of leds, and after
several seconds they all go off. The pdp-11 startup
tests seem to be OK. My ribbon cables between the
pdp-11 appear to be connected correctly. The RD52
drive light pops on briefly on boot (as I would expect
if it initially spins up), but oddly I don't see a
light popping on on the RX-50 drive (though I seem to
remember it did).

Any thoughts?

-cheers from julz @P