13W3 -> 3 BNC

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat May 3 11:39:47 CDT 2008

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On May 2, 2008, at 8:21 PM, Alexandre Lagüe-Jacques wrote:
>> What a pain...  My original DEC 1702906-01 (3W3 -> 3 BNC) cable broke
>> and I needed a replacement.  I found one on eBay so I bought two.
>> Instead, the seller sent me a 13W3 to 3 BNC!!!  (Where the hell does
>> that thing come from???)
>
>   13W3 -> 3 BNC is common in the world of older Sun workstations, in
> the Sun3 and early Sun4 lines.

I thought all Sun's used 13W3 -> 4 (or 5) BNC.  At least all Sun 13W3 ->
BNC
cables or converters that I own are to 5 bnc (but as I recall one wasn't
necessary)
with the 5 being R,G,B and 2 sync (combined and H or V sync on the 5th)
IIRC.

Did any sun systems support sync on green (which would be required for
13W3 -> 3BNC) ?

The real 'fun' one is teh 386i and the combined video/keyboard/mouse cable.
I think I have 4 386i systems, but I think I only have 2 cables (and one
needs
repair).

-- Curt